Which is best?
You might be wondering why you would bother creating a website when Facebook seemingly does the same thing. But before you write off having a website all together here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of each platform and why the answer might not be so straightforward.
Benefits of a Facebook page
- It’s fast and free to set up a Facebook page.
- Easily interact with your customers or followers with the built in functionality.
- High amounts of traffic means more eyeballs on your content.
Drawbacks of a Facebook page
- You are subject to Facebook’s rules and updates, Facebook ultimately owns the content you post and can limit its reach or remove it at any time.
- Limited design options on Facebook make it difficult to stand out from your competitors.
- Your potential customers or target demographic might not use Facebook.
Benefits of a Website
- You have full control of all aspects of your website, what it looks like, where it’s hosted, what content you post and who can see/interact with it.
- A business website adds credibility to your brand and is essential for online services.
- Your website can easily grow with your business.
Drawbacks of a Website
- There are ongoing costs associated with hosting a website.
- It takes more effort on your part to drive traffic to your website.
Facebook and social media are great for connecting with people and chatting with your friends where a business website is specifically designed to showcase a business and their products and services.
We recommend a balanced approach where your website and Facebook page are working together to promote your business.